Sunday 20 April 2008

Salute 2008

I got up at half 5 yesterday morning after putting up with my friend's heavy breathing for a whole night after he slept over and we got on a train to Paddington at seven. After the joy that is London public transport we got to ExCeL 25 minutes late at 10:25, thus rendering our Q-Buster tickets totally useless! =P

I bought plenty of stuff including plenty of Forge World goodness like the new Death Guard conversion kits and the Great Unclean One (Heresy, I know!). However, I didn't totally sell my soul to the dark gods since I bought the Red Scorpions Terminator Commander, Culln which I'm planning on converting into an Ultramarine. I was going to buy more stuff for my UM; more specifically the Mark IV dreadnought and some UM brass etch and icons. However, I couldn't really afford to so that stuff will have to be bought later. Maybe at Games Day?

It was a great day altogether and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Anyway, the flamer marine has been put to one side for a while since it was irritating me. I prefer to paint space marines with one arm off so that I can get to the whole chestplate and arms. Sadly, I assembled Epsilon a long time ago meaning that there are not only loads of mould lines but the arms are all attached and with a lot of superglue too. That means the flamer's arms are there to stay which got on my nerves after a while. Because of that, I'm painting another bolter marine and he's currently done to a high gaming standard but there's still a while to go before he's done. Onwards!

No comments: