Wednesday 17 June 2015

A few WIP shots

The dreadnought's coming along nicely, but my pot of Skull White has turned rock hard in the year since I finished Squad Delta, so progress is stalled until I can get some more white paint. In the meantime, I started work on a squad of Scout Snipers, but soon realised that they too would have to be put on hold, as I plan on painting the fatigues and cloaks with a snow/arctic camouflage, and that requires white as well.

Instead, I've started filing some mold lines off of a squad of assault marines that I've had assembled and crappily basecoated for fucking ages - they may even have been the first squad I started to paint, before getting distracted by some other shiny things. The white trims are because I started painting them before the introduction of Citadel's foundation paint range, and red is a pain in the arse to paint directly over black. Since then, I added Mechrite Red to my collection of retro paints, so I use that instead now. Irritatingly, my glue has gone hard as well, and there have been a few accidental amputations during the clean-up process, so I think a trip to the shop for some hobby supplies might be in order soon (If I can resist the temptation to buy anything 'unnecessary').

Courage and Honour!
-Jon

No comments: